Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tour of Hollis' Room

Hollis' room is one of my favorite rooms in the house. It's a room that I spent a lot of time thinking about and creating. A room that I spend so much time in...time spent staring at my sweet girl, praying for her, singing, playing, feeding, and nurturing. When I started planning her room, I knew I wanted soft colors and vintage accents. That plan came full circle thanks to the help of our sweet family. Hollis' room is a true labor of love... enjoy the tour!

This is the view from Hollis' bedroom door. I kept the walls a light tan and decided to paint the ceiling for a punch of color. My Mom and Ryan's Mom came over one day and painted it for us! We had so much fun that day!

The wall to the right holds the dresser/changing table. The dressers in Hollis' room are very special to me; they were my Paw Paw's. When I was in college, I had them in my room and then they were moved to our guest bedroom when we bought our house. Originally, they were a cream color but I painted and distressed them to be a soft gray. I love how they turned out and hope they stay in the family for a long time! The bird lamp on the dresser was the second thing that was bought for Hollis' room (thank you Mom!), I saw it at Kirklands and couldn't leave without it.

To the left of the changing table is the most comfortable glider and sweet pink table. Ryan and I hunted for a long time for the perfect glider and finally settled on this one. We wanted a neutral color glider that can be transitioned to other rooms and used for future babies. This glider has many hours of use already in it. The sweet pink table was a gift from my Mother-In-Law. I was on the hunt for a side table and she found this one at an antique store. It's perfect! The side table holds Hollis' sound machine and a few special momentos from family...the vintage golden books were a gift from my Uncle Mike and the silver box and bunny were a gift from my Aunt Monica.

The wall above the side table is my FAVORITE part of Hollis' room! I had the idea to hang mirrored vanity trays after walking through one of my favorite stores, Queen of Hearts. On display there, a vendor had 2 vanity trays propped up against the wall on display. Immediately after seeing that I knew I wanted to do something with vanity trays. After collecting a few (thanks to my Aunt Monica, Memaw and Mother-In-Law) I decided to hang them on the wall! I love the light that reflects off the mirrors and the vintage vibe.

I LOVE Hollis' Jenny Lind crib. I had a very similar one when I was a baby, but mine was a dark wood. Ryan's Mom made Hollis' bed skirt from a damaged curtain that I bought for her room. The company sent me a new one and told me just to keep the damaged one. Well, Hollis' Nana got crafty and made the most beautiful bedskirt! I wanted a ruffled crib skirt, but could not believe the prices online! I'm so thankful that Nana was able to do this for us! I love it! The monogram above her bed was something I envisioned in her room the minute I found out I was having a girl. It came unfinished and I then primed and painted it the same color as her ceiling. It's my second favorite part of her room!

The two pillows (they are taken out when she's sleeping) in her crib were the very first thing I bought for Hollis' room. My Mom and I found them at the Pottery Barn outlet and that's when I decided that I wanted to use tan and white in her room. My Mom was so patient with me that day... I think we spent 40 mins in Pottery Barn looking at the same stuff! I would throw out ideas and just couldn't decided if those were the right pillows or if that was the right color scheme. After going back and forth for a while, my Mom told me that she was going to buy the pillows and if I used them was up to me. I'm so glad she made that decision, because those pillows were the start of Hollis' room!

There are several birds in Hollis' room. I love birds and wanted to incorporate that in to her room. The curtain rod has little birds on them. My best friend, Jessica, also kept the bird theme going and made this sign for Hollis' room. It's a constant reminder of not only how much she loves Hollis but how much the Lord loves Hollis, too!

The tall dresser holds a bird cage photo display, a picture from St. Martin (where Ryan and I took our baby moon), a night light bird, and another picture frame with my favorite picture of Hollis! I printed a bunch of my instagram pictures for the bird cage and now I just need Ryan to hang it! ;)

The light fixture in the room was a gift from my Mom and Step-Dad. It is BEAUTIFUL and when it's on, it cascades the walls with a pattern of light.

This last view of the room is from the corner of the room by the glider.

I hope that as Hollis grows and plays in her room, she not only loves her room, but that she feels loved while she's in there.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Literally THE PRETTIEST nursery I have EVER seen. And after planning three nurseries myself, trust me, I've seen a LOT of them!!! Love love LOVE all the details!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful room for a sweet little girl! I am currently pregnant with my first girl, after 2 boys, so I was looking at your nursery for inspiration. I am also thinking about a bird and flowers theme.You did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete