Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning started with cuddles in our bed once Hollis woke up. After cuddling for a while we all got dressed and headed down stairs to start our Christmas morning! My Dad (PawPaw) and brother came over to join in on the fun. Growing up, my PawPaw would stop by our house on Christmas morning and make us breakfast (his cat head biscuits were the best!) and spend time with us before heading to the next house. I love that my Dad is creating that tradition for Hollis. She absolutely adores her Paw Paw. My Memaw also came by to spend some time with us... for as long as I can remember, she has come to our house on Christmas morning! Matter of fact, she makes her rounds to all 7 of her Grandchildren's homes on Christmas morning...she is a memory maker!

Once we got downstairs, Hollis enjoyed looking at the presents Santa brought her (Gator ball popper, foam letters for the bath, Mum Mums, a bath mat and stackable rings) while PawPaw started breakfast. We took our time opening gifts and enjoyed watching Hollis rip the paper and play with the bows. Christmas with a child is so exciting and I know with each year it will be become more fun. This year though, I enjoyed creating our own Christmas traditions and soaking in all the memories.

My heart was so full Christmas morning. The ambiance of the fire, scent of coffee brewing and bacon frying, giggles from Hollis and slowness of the morning was just perfect.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that tradition of them coming by to visit!!!! So precious!!!! I'm envious that you get to have your own little family on christmas morning...we stay the night at my in laws christmas eve! While it's fun, it's also CRAZY haha

    ReplyDelete