Friday, January 24, 2014

8 Months Old!



Hollis Leigh is 8 months old today!
Below is her 7 month summary...

Weight: I've got big girl on my hands...if I had to guess, I'd say she weighs between 19-20 lbs.
Height:
HC:

Hollis is a great sleeper! Still sleeping 12 hours a night! We went through a few nights of random wake ups in the middle of the night, but I think it's because she's teething. Tylenol at night has helped a lot and eliminated the wake ups.

I'm so proud of Hollis and her napping! We got in the habit of rocking/holding Hollis to sleep before each nap and it became pretty time consuming. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that time with her, but I would sit and hold her for a WHILE because I just couldn't put her down (I love cuddling her). Over the weekend I decided that we need to drop that bad habit (my fault)! On Monday I brought her to her room, gave her kisses, told her it was time to go night night, laid her in her crib with a paci and she was OUT within 5 mins. She fussed for 2 mins and then fell fast asleep. I've been consistent with it all week and she has done wonderful!

Hollis is a water baby! She loves bath time and gets so excited when we bring her into the bathroom and start running the water. We just recently started bathing her without her baby tub and she enjoys it. She likes reaching down in the water and pulling up on the side of the tub. She also loves chewing on the foam bath letters she got for Christmas and pushing her rubber ducky around the tub. At the end of her bath this week (usually Daddy does bath but he was out of town, so I got to enjoy bath duty) I let a lot of the water out and laid her on her belly. Oh man- she LOVES that! She likes to kick and squirm around on her belly. This summer is going to be FUN!

Favorite toys: Zany Zoo, wooden rings, Princess Baby book (I think she likes the gold glitter), kitten that walks and meows, balls, her baby doll, piano, and she enjoys pulling up the edging on her play mat and chewing on it (that's a battle I quit fighting)

When Maggie (her sister-kitty) comes around she makes a "kuh" sound. I think she is mocking us because we always say "kitty". Hollis really only makes this sound when Maggie comes around or when she is playing with her fake cat that meows and walks (thanks Paw Paw!)

Hollis' favorite foods are squash (she's going to turn in to a squash one day!), my homemade spaghetti meat sauce, mushrooms (she will pick the mushrooms out of dishes and eat those first), quinoa fried rice, bananas, and yogurt. When Hollis wants more food or her sippy cup of water, she will squeal really loud. As soon as she gets what she was squealing for, she stops.

She isn't crawling yet, but she has mastered scooting backwards and pivoting on her belly to get where she is trying to go. She has also figured out how to go from her belly back to a sitting position. Hollis will also pull up to her knees on some furniture (or on Mommy and Daddy) and in the bath tub.

Hollis is still my little music lover. In the evening while I cook dinner, I turn on music (I've done this since she was born) and I will sing to her and dance while I cook. She will dance to the music by bouncing up and down.

We are working on waving bye bye and hello. She doesn't really wave but she will open and close her hand when we say "say hey Mama"

When Hollis gets excited, she will kick her legs and flail her arms. She gets most excited when she sees Maggie, when we bring her up for bath or put her in the high chair for dinner.

Hollis' new thing is sticking out her tongue and moving it around her mouth. I'm not sure if she's doing this because she's teething or what, but it is so funny!

We had a couple sleep overs with friends this month! On New Years Eve we went to her friend Noah's house and spent the night! And the following weekend, we went to the mountains for the weekend with her friends Allie and Cooper. Hollis loves playing with her friends and is such a social baby!

Hollis will mock sounds that we make and she thinks it's so funny if we mock HER!

Each month she changes so much! It's crazy to me and very bittersweet! I am so thankful for my little love bug and her health, independent personality and sweet smile. I really don't know what we ever did without her!


No comments:

Post a Comment