Saturday, August 17, 2013

Paw Paw's Girl

Hollis' first word might be "Paw Paw". My Dad LOVES him some Hollis and loves spending quality time with her. Paw Paw comes to visit us Hollis at least once a week and we love it! This week though, Hollis and I spent Wednesday night, all day Thursday and part of the day Friday with PawPaw! He used 2 vacation days at work to spend with Hollis.

Paw Paw took Hollis and I to Babie-R-Us and Target, and then to lunch on Thursday. He bought Hollis two different toys, a carseat mirror for his truck ( I can't tell you how many times he looked back at her in that thing), and a couple pairs of pants. She already has Paw Paw wrapped around her finger.

My Dad is a quality timer like I am and I love that! He will drop anything to spend time with his family...even if it's just a short 15 minute visit. PawPaw's favorite thing to do when he visits is to feed Hollis her bottle and rock her to sleep. On Wednesday I told Dad to just rock Hollis until she got drowsy and then lay her in the crib. Instead of laying her down, he rocked her for her entire 2 hour nap! SO SWEET!

I love my Daddy so much and love our relationship! I am so glad that Hollis will have a sweet relationship with him too.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this picture:) Pure love!! Being a grandparent is by far one of the greatest gifts on earth....

    ReplyDelete