Saturday, August 24, 2013

3 Months Old!

Hollis Leigh is 3 months old today!
Below is her 2 month summary...

Weighing around 14 lbs. We do not go back to the doctor until 4 months for more accurate measurements.

Hollis is sleeping through the night! She will sleep from 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM.

My favorite time of the day is when Hollis wakes up! She wakes up talking and always smiles when we go to get her. She takes her first bottle in our bed and then we cuddle for an hour or so. I LOVE IT!

Hollis still loves bath nights with Daddy.

Hollis is holding her head up like a big girl. We can sit her on our leg and she will sit up straight with her head held high. I also put her in her bumbo seat this week to see how she would do and she sat up great in it!

She has started to show interest in her feet. When she is sitting up she will lean over and stare at her feet. Sometimes she will get to kicking them. I think she is trying to figure out how she can get them in her mouth. Ha!

My Dad bought Hollis a new light up toy and she loves watching the lights!

I think Hollis may be teething. I don't see any teeth ready to break through, but she is showing all the signs of teething...drool, gnawing on her hands, my hands, her shirt and Sophie the Giraffe.

Naps are still okay. She will go to sleep on her own and sleep for around 30-45 mins before waking up. That darn "45 minute intruder" is tough! Once she wakes up she has a hard time settling herself back down, so I usually go in and sit with her until she gets drowsy. Sometimes she just will not go back to sleep, so I end up putting her in her swing to get the rest of her nap in. Hollis without a nap is a HOT MESS...that cry scream will pierce your ears!

Hollis is now on a 3.5 hour feeding schedule. She takes 4 oz of formula and anywhere from .5- 1.5 ounces from me (my supply is still low and varies). She has also started not wanting to breastfeed. She will fuss when I put her to the breast but will inhale her bottle! I still want her to get *some* of my milk, so I have been pumping before her feeding and just pouring it in her bottle. This week though, I tried breastfeeding her AFTER her bottle and she nursed for a while. I think she just realizes she can get much more milk faster from her bottle then she can from me. Smart girl!

Her blonde hair is growing like crazy.

She is still loving her activity mat and loves talking to the baby in the mirror. Her favorite toys are her orange grip ball, light up snail and Sophie the giraffe.

Hollis had her first trip to church this month! She did great in the nursery each time we put her in there! woo hoo!

She enjoys "flying" in the air. We say "Super Hollis" and fly her around.

Mommy and Daddy make up silly songs and Hollis thinks it's the funniest thing.

Hollis blows spit bubbles and sticks her tongue out when she talks to us. I always say "I'm gonna get that tongue" and she gives the biggest smile in response.


If I've said it once, I've said it a million times... I'm not sure what we ever did without Hollis. She brings us much joy! I'm cherishing every cuddle, smile, coo and firsts because before we know it, she will be a entering Kindergarten! We love you SO MUCH, Hollis!

1 comment:

  1. Those toes are so sweet. Now I see why Ella bit them! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete