Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Mother's Love

You always hear "you will never understand a Mother's love until you are one yourself". It's true. I've ALWAYS known my Mom has an unconditional love for me, not only because she tells me but because she shows me! There's been several times she's said "You'll never know how much I love you". Now that I'm a Mommy to Hollis I get that and have a taste of the love my Mom has for me...it really is something you just can't describe. A Mother's love is so many things but my favorite thing that it is, is comforting. From infant hood to adult hood there is NOTHING more comforting than your Mother's touch or voice.

The past 2 nights my Mom spent the night with Hollis and I while Ryan was out of town for work. It was great having her here and spending some quality time with her. She slept with me in our bed and that was so sweet. We haven't done that since I was kid and I felt so much comfort having her beside me! I don't sleep easy on my own when Ryan is out of town, especially since having Hollis! I'm still tackling that fear.

I'm so glad Hollis got get some MiMi lovin'. I'm sure being a Grandmother is a different kind of love...maybe a greater love? Is that possible?

1 comment: