Friday, May 2, 2014

11 Months Old!

Hollis Leigh is 11 months old!
Below is her 10 month summary...

Weight: 22.5 lbs ( I know this because I took you back to the doctor to have your ears rechecked. No ear infection!)
Height:
HC:

My goodness, time has flown by! I now understand the saying "the days are long, but the years are short", because these 11 months have flown by! I am fully enjoying every 'long day' with you and cherish our days together.

You are so smart! You are now saying Nana. Ssss for Snake. WaWa for Water. You will use sign language to say please and more. You will bring your hand to your ear when we say "can you say hello?"...you are mimicking talking on a phone.

We've been signing more and please to you for a while, but you've just recently caught on. I worked with you for an entire day on it, and you were so stubborn about it. You would refuse to sign back even though I knew you could. So I would continue to sign and move your hands for you. You would fuss until I would just give you the food. The next day, it was like it all clicked, and now you sign please and more all the time!

We went to the beach this month and you LOVED it! You are a beach lover like your Mama! You crab crawled all over the beach and even into the water. You also enjoyed eating the sand! Yuck!

We've spent a lot of time outside since the weather has been perfect! You love being outside and have really enjoyed sitting outside on a blanket to have your afternoon snack. We've gone on many golf cart rides and walks to the swings which you LOVE!

You took two steps! You were standing up holding on to PawPaw's hands, and let go to take 2 steps to Daddy! I happened to have my camera out and got a video of it! We've been saying for a while that you "will be walking any day", I think it would be so fun if you were walking by your birthday!

Favorite toys: metal toy keys that were in your Easter basket, books, and remote control. Again, toys are of limited interest to you! You love exploring in the pantry and tv cabinet.

Changing your diaper has been a challenge with you. Just recently, you've started fussing the minute I lay you down to change you. To avoid the whining, I make up silly songs or say "shoo weeee your feet stink", to get some giggles out of you. Now, if we say "where are your feet" or "shoo weee your feet stink!", you will bring your feet to your nose!

You met the Easter Bunny and loved him! You gave him kisses, grabbed his nose and hugged him! We won't tell Santa that you like the Easter Bunny better than him! ;)

When we get you up from a nap, you start pointing to the pictures hanging on your wall and will say "DaDa'. Also, if we ask you "where's Mama?" or "where's Daddy?" you will point to us in a picture!

You are SO MUCH FUN! I just love you so much and tell you as much as I can. We love you sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment