Friday, October 3, 2014

McIver Baby #2!

***I can't believe I am JUST posting this...It's been in my drafts for several weeks now. We are so excited despite the late blog announcement!***

Ryan and I are so excited about baby # 2!!! From the beginning of our marriage, we talked about wanting to have our babies relatively close in age and God made that happen! On the morning of June 10th I took my first pregnancy test that read positive! I had planned to wait and surprise Ryan on Father's day weekend with our results, but when he got home that night I could not hold it in! I ran up to him and said we are pregnant and had tears of joy in my eyes. That night I took another test with Ryan and it was positive again! We were SO EXCITED!!!

Around 3 AM of the night I took the second test, I woke up to a lot of bleeding and thought I had miscarried. I tried not to worry about it too much and went to our scheduled playdate with my best friends the next morning. Once I was there, I couldn't hide my emotions and shared what was going on. They were so comforting and encouraged me to go see my doctor. After a call to my doctor, they saw me a few hours later and did a HCG level check and then checked me again 2 days later. My levels were increasing and all was well! Praise GOD!

On June 16th I got a call from my doctors office saying that the doctor wanted to see me in the office and do an ultrasound. I was a nervous wreck, because I instantly thought something was wrong (the lady on the phone didn't give me much info because she didn't know). Come to find out, my Doctor wanted to do an ultrasound and make sure that this wasn't an ectopic pregnancy. Since the ultrasound was so early, we were only able to see a little sack. Everything looked great and we were very relieved!

On July 24th, I took the Harmony prenatal test. The Harmony Prenatal Test is a blood test for trisomies 21, 18, and 13 that give accurate (false positive rate is less than 1 in 1000) results as early as 10 weeks! In addition to the trisomy testing, they can also evaluate the X and Y sex chromosome! Being tested for trisomy cases was important to us, and finding out the sex of our baby so early was an added bonus! We were so excited!!! 5 days after testing, a nurse called me with the results. We asked as testing for the gender to be written down and sealed in an envelope for pick up, so she only gave us the rest of the results. We were told this baby does not have any trisomy cases! On Thursday afternoon I picked up the gender results and brought them straight to my friend Laura's house. She was our secret keeper and silly string buyer for the gender reveal!

On Friday (just 3 days after getting our results) we had our family over for a little gender reveal party. See the next post for details of that fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment