Thursday, October 24, 2013

5 Months Old!

Hollis Leigh is 5 months old today!
Below is her 4 month summary...

Weight: We haven't been to the doctor for exact measurements but I would guess she is around 15.5 lbs
Height:
HC:

Hollis has had a rough month! The day after her 4 month well visit, I spotted a white speck on her gums. Since then, her 2 bottom teeth have been taking their sweet time coming in. Her bottom left tooth is completely broken in, but her right one is still working it's way up. These teeth have effected her naps big time...she wakes up crying at the 20 min mark pretty much every nap. She won't go back to sleep unless she is being held. So this month there has been A LOT of cuddling and naps on Mommy.

We moved to a 4 hour feeding schedule this month and also pushed back her start time. She now wakes up around 7:45-8:00AM!

The day that we moved Hollis to a 4 hour feeding schedule, we also moved her out of the pack-n-play at night and into her crib in her room. She's done great!

Hollis LOVES animals! We took her to Aunt Kristy and Uncle Paul's house and she loved all the animals. She grabbed on to the goats ears and smiled so big when they would pass her. She will also stop what she is doing if Maggie walks by her and sometimes we get a laugh, too!

The exersaucer is still a big hit! She spends most of her awake time in her exersaucer. She has started to figure out what the toys do and LOVES picking up the balls.

Hollis loves being read to and loves the pictures in "Brown Bear Brown Bear", she will grab at the pages. My favorite book that we read is "The Jesus Storybook Bible".

I'm still breastfeeding Hollis after her bottle but in the last week she has shown lack of interest. I think my supply is about DONE after moving to the 4 hour schedule!

Hollis loves being outside and enjoys taking walks around the neighborhood!

Her favorite toys are her orange grip ball, light up snail, Sophie the giraffe, Taggiez Elephant and purple teether.

She still loves singing songs! Singing the ABC's helps calm her down if she gets fussy in the car, too...it cracks me up bc if she is fussing I will sing ABC's and she will get so quiet but as soon I stop she immediately starts fussing again!

Her feet are her latest obsession. She will chew on her toes and ALWAYS yanks off her socks.

Hollis figured out how to squeal this month and does it constantly! I think it still surprises her that she can do that bc sometimes to she will squeal really loud and then kind of jolt like it scared her.

We decided to skip cereals and purees and go straight to solids at 6 months! I'm excited to start solids with her and have had fun researching the benefits of it!


Hollis, when I hold you close I feel like my heart may beat out of my chest. Most days I can't believe you are ours, but I am so thankful you are! Your Daddy and I love you so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful lil girl. Love her so much! Cant wait for her to see all the animals tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete